11.10.12

So it turns out that the guy who won the Nobel Prize for literature is the author of Red Sorghum, on which the movie of the same name was based. This would be the Red Sorghum that I saw as an observer in someone else's film class my freshman year of college, the same time I first saw The 400 Blows and The Seventh Seal and a number of Robert Altman films that I did not care for in the least. The same Red Sorghum that I spent several years (unsuccessfully) trying to find on DVD, and attempting to get information about from the then-primitive internet, and which by 2005 or so had convinced myself I misremembered the name and would never be able to find it again. Another Professor Longhair situation, basically. But here we are. Too bad I can't remember anything about the movie now.

No comments: