4.12.14

Tottenham Hotspur 0-3 Chelsea

I gave up after ten minutes, when it became clear this would not be much of a game. As a longstanding fan of Michigan sports, I have developed the acute awareness of when a game is over. My team might be ahead, there might be a long time left to play, but there are some times when it's obvious. Being a sensible fellow, I have no interest in continuing to watch and confirming the accuracy of my intuition, and the tv goes off quickly. My intuitions have been wrong before, but less often than you might think.

Ten minutes was enough for Harry Kane to almost score twice, and Chelsea to actually score twice (and enough time to make it clear that Chelsea could score as many times as it wanted to). No need to keep subjecting yourself to that, not on a Wednesday afternoon.

No comments: