12.8.13

Probably co-sign. I'm looking forward to the end of Breaking Bad if only to get to the end of people telling me I need to watch it. See also: Arrested Development. It's not unusual to want other people to validate one's own aesthetic choices, but there's a certain intensity to it that's off-putting. The funny thing about discovering late-70s punk in mid-90s real 'murrica is that it made tribal affiliation less important: when R.E.M. was the biggest band in the world I was the only person I knew who listened to them. So you find those things you happen to like, and if other people do, great, but the effort ends there. This is not to say I wasn't thrilled when my fiancée realized one day that she liked Parks & Recreation, but our relationship would have been just fine if she hadn't.

No comments: