6.11.12

Vis-a-vis this, I overheard a conversation on campus yesterday which is, I think, rather typical. It went something like this (these were adult-type people):

Person 1: It's really frustrating that Obama isn't doing anything on immigration.
Person 2: Yeah, especially since it's the thing you work on and care most about.
Person 1: Yeah, but I guess he can't do everything.

...and it makes a good example of people who have issues they care about deeply who intentionally vote for candidates that don't care about those issues, or advocate for policies they don't support. This is the strange logic of having to choose between two pre-approved candidates, and considering that any attempt to, I don't know, vote for a candidate who supports the actual policies you believe in is 'wasting your vote.' This country. Sometimes I can't even.

No comments: