4.11.08

LINK: I love this sort of thing. A Catholic friend of mine had a friend of his--a priest he had known back when he lived in Minnesota--die several years ago. My friend was very sad--the priest had been a big part of his transition to the US, traveled with him to Europe, and many other things--and would tell me, when he talked, many of the happy stories he remembered from the many years of their friendship, his kindnesses, and more. I thought at the time--perhaps I said--this will certainly be a part of the day of judgment, that when Jesus spoke of feeding the hungry and taking care of the sick, they were the general categories of which particular stories--like the ones my friend told--will be shared. There's a lot of joy in that, and hope. Anyway, I liked it, so you should read it.

No comments: