15.2.08

RECALLED TO LIFE: Between Sunday morning and 8:00-ish yesterday evening, I had zero cups of coffee, a sure sign I was sick.

(By way of comparison, on caffeine consumption: traditionally a pound of coffee will last me four to six months, as I like to vary it with tea and the occasional coke; tend to consume it more frequently when out, and so less at home; and don't care for it in the summer, for reasons I hope are blindingly obvious. The pound I just finished was on track to be consumed in three weeks, until I got sick.)

But, thanks to a Valentine's Day gift of coffee (the one from Kenya)--coffee so good I drink it on its own, in the small cups--I am back to work. Today: conference proposal (dare I submit another paper with 'Hugo Grotius' in the title? I've been thinking about the story told about law in the Cathedral chapter of The Trial), followed by Shakespeare and dissertation writing. I love my job.

No comments: