2.9.07

LINKS: Looking out on the ocean Saturday morning, I thought "yes, it finally is the fall." Sure, it reached the upper 80°s today; but by the standards of August, that's practically autumnal. And the changing of the seasons means, naturally enough, a change to the music I'm listening to. For the moment, I am maintaining the "90s indie guitar rock" theme of the summer, with some slight alterations (e.g. Brighten the Corners instead of Slanted and Enchanted). And this most excellent of Guided By Voices songs:



...the world can always use more Big Star songs, so I approve of anyone willing to rip them off so obviously (horribly out-of-sync music video here). And I do mean 'rip-off'--the similarities to "September Gurls" are extensive. But still, it's a great song.

And just in case you haven't seen it, Feist performing with the indie-rock all-stars.

No comments: