20.6.05

WELL: I'm still, you know, frustrated with my task for the afternoon of translating Cicero, but I did notice that my post on responsibility and conflict within a country prompted a couple of very good responses at L'Espirit D'Escalier and at Wallo World, and I do intend to address both of them a bit later today (assuming I do not crash from overconsumption of caffeine, which is, I admit, a real possibility), both on my particular reading of Sartre (more of a gesture than a reading, and I think jpe is probably largely right on the merits of what good ol' Jean-Paul would've argued (though as my Methods and History of Political Theory professor would tell you, I'm completely uninterested in the historical situation of the figures I'm interested in: I just deal with 'my' Sartre and 'my' Locke, etc)) and in general on the issues of moral responsibility and action involved.

No comments: