16.6.05

SUMMER MUSIC EXTRAVAGANZA:

Stylus' Summer Jamz 2005, highly recommended, of course.

This summer seems to lack a cohesive musical theme, unlike last year's highly successful Northern Soul/Motown-themed season. Which is not to say that my iPod doesn't get lots of use on the long trips between my parking space and my Latin class. Recent movers and shakers:

"Summertime" -DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (it's not summer without it)
"Wake Up" -Arcade Fire (I know, I'm like 10 months behind the hipster curve on this one... I was just waiting until they ceased being cool to actually like them)
"Bells" -Electralane (you can actually get a lot out of playing the same chord over and over again, apparently)
"Since You Caught My Eye" -Banner Barbados

"Step On v. Crazy In Love" -Happy Mondays/Beyonce
"Yeah Toxic" -Britney/Usher (because a really good mashup is always worth listening to)

"Let's Go Javelin!/Ezekiel Bread" -Half-Handed Cloud (because sometimes you wake up in the morning and think, "I need a hipster retelling of some of the Old Testament")

No comments: