22.10.04

SCIENCE IT UP: Blogger ate no less than three of my posts yesterday, which was probably a good thing, as they were at various (high) levels of snarkiness. But to recap:

*In response to a question by one of our German exchange students, I noted that Yankees-Red Sox is much more like Real Madrid v. Man U than David v. Goliath, no matter what Sox boosters say.

*It'd be great if the department were offering intro stats; that way, I wouldn't have to answer questions like "how many raisins would you need to have on a cookie, on average, to have a 99% probability of at least one raisin per cookie?"

*I realized that my APSA online profile allows me to choose a title for myself; what's more, it's a title field, rather than a pull-down menu of options. I very nearly made myself "Grand Vizier Nicholas Troester," until someone with a lot more common sense than me suggested that might not be a good idea.

No comments: