19.5.04

LINK: Bill Wallo has an amusing post on his own National Honor Society experience. Mine? I recall getting a letter at the end of the year informing me that I hadn't done enough hours of "service" (selling Pumpkin-grams, Val-o-grams and Easter-grams, I kid you not), which caused the sponsors of the program to threaten to send a letter to U of M telling them I had gotten kicked out of NHS. The kicker? I didn't put NHS on my U of M application, so they probably would've just been befuddled (or, more likely, not cared at all).

My best story, by the way:

my best friend was Student Council president, and had to miss one of our big monthly meetings, so he asked me to take notes for him. For a one-hour meeting, he got about a dozen pages of single-spaced notes, which mostly consisted of a stream-of-consciousness account of being there: "someone got up and said some stuff about an activity... did you ever wonder why the ceilings in schools have all those dots in them?" There was also a running joke throughout the notes about my checking out a girl who was a friend of ours. Needless to say, it was a running joke for the rest of the year.

No comments: