27.4.04

WELL: Regular blogging will resume tomorrow, but until then, some things of narrower interest:

*A sure sign that I'm mellowing with age: I just listened to a Beatles song and didn't instantly hate it (granted, the song was "Rain," but still...). Now washing the brain out with David Bowie's "Subterraneans" in the hope of restoring my hipness.

*Also, if you liked the Rolling Stones' "Moonlight Mile," you might like some of the following:
"Blue Turns to Grey" -December's Children
"No Expectations" -Beggars Banquet
"Memory Motel" -(try and find the No Security live version, which is a little shorter)
"Loving Cup," "Torn and Frayed," "Sweet Virginia" and "Shine a Light"-Exile on Main Steet
If you can at all stand Keith Richards' voice: "Theif in the Night," "Before They Make Me Run," "You Got the Silver"
"Dead Flowers," "I Got the Blues" (still the best approximation of Otis Redding by any white men ever), "Sway" -Sticky Fingers
and any of their approximations of old R&B standards: "That's How Strong My Love Is," "Mercy Mercy," "It's All Over Now," etc.

and for those of you who think of them as primarily crazy hedonists, "I Just Want to See His Face," which suggests someone's got a decent idea of what Christianity is like (my money's on Keith).

No comments: