30.4.04

HEH: from nyyfans.com:

"Please note: I haven’t even mentioned Scooter, the Mentally Impaired Talking Baseball."

I saw it when they first introduced this device, to explain how a pitcher throws a knuckleball. I was expecting one of those things where they show how the pitcher holds the ball and releases it, and what it's like for a hitter to try and hit it. I believe the explanation they gave went like this: "a fastball goes like this [bad animation shows ball go straight from pitcher to catcher], but a knuckleball goes like this [bad animation shows ball leave pitcher's hand and go around in circles, etc, before reaching catcher]." I felt like, even had I been the target audience for that segment (7 year olds?), I would've thought they were insulting my intelligence.

No comments: