15.3.04

QUOTE: I was greatly amused by this, possibly because I wouldn't actually leave:

"The news that the Selective Service is taking steps toward a military draft that would target people with special skills in computers and foreign languages reminded me of a recurring dream I have. In the dream, Donald Rumsfeld goes to the podium and declares that a national draft will begin in exactly one week. No deferments, no excuses, and open to every eligible male that is capable of standing upright long enough to take the oath of enlistment. Seven days reprieve and then the lottery begins.

On the seventh day, with extra guards stationed along the border of Canada, Rumsfeld steps back up to the podium and with a sly grin says, “Just kidding.”

Then he closes the border and refuses to allow any would-be draft dodgers to return back to the States. That’s my favorite dream. And the chances of it actually happening are only slightly less than the military reinstating the draft. "

No comments: