29.2.04

WELL: Back from the weekend of craziness. Did we find ourselves one evening drinking beer and going over the Rothenberg Report's predictions on Senate races? Yes. Other observations:

1. There's one place on 495 where it splits itself in three different directions. This is insane.
2. It's amazing that I've been to Washington maybe 20 times in my life, and been to, say, The National Gallery a dozen or so times (heck, I've been to the National Archives multiple times), and yet I'd never once made it to, say, the White House or the Lincoln Memorial. Both have now been taken care of.
3. I almost, almost bought myself an FDR paperweight for my desk. If only it hadn't been $35...
4. There was a huge exhibit in the American History Smithsonian on The Beatles. As I commented to OGIW, it seems to me like the Beatles are, at best, tangentally connected to, you know, American History--and are probably less important than some of the things they could've covered.

No comments: